Rain rain go away. Come again another day… Asher wants to go out and play!
The lovely thing about having a toddler is the amount of play we get into. Everything can turn into a game. It has been such a long time since I did this, but I want to document the kind of games Asher has been into lately. I’m still not sure how it happens but he is 2 as of Friday *insert horror face* I’m a mum of a little man!
– Books. I think I have a book worm as a son. He loves books. ANY books. Especially books featuring vehicles. Trains, buses, cars, fire engines. He loves classics too. Like “Spot”, “We are going on a bear hunt”, “10 little fingers and toes” and more recently “the hungry caterpillar”.
-Trains. Yep. He loves Thomas. I’m in two minds about introducing too much Thomas to him. My thoughts are that kids should be expose to as many variety of the same item although I know that is rather hardRight now, he thinks Thomas is one of the trains. He still adores his other train books and will play with any trains.
– Play shopping! Cash register and fake food
– Play cooking. Sizzling with his pan. As we cooked him some mushrooms or eggs up for breakfast, he would take the borrowed wooden plan and pretend to cook up his own meal too.
– Ball games. Kicking and throwing. Balloons.
– Drawing! He loves drawing circles.. and will ask me to help him draw triangles
– Painting. Although at the moment, we are painting with water. He dislikes mess and stickiness. It is a work I’m progress with play doh and textural play.
– Slides. He received a slide for his first birthday and really love that. He would even slide his teddy down
– Cars. All kind of cars. Plus planes.
– Lego. He is really into lego now. Building blocks. Telling me he has built a ship or a car!
– Tractors. We got him a Tonka truck for his birthday (shhhh).
– Cosy coupe- we don’t have that but he loves it when we visit friends.
– Singing. We can sing Row row a boat, abc, twinkle twinkle, wheels go round, bob the builder, ba ba black sheep…etc. The funny thing is we will catch him singing at random times to himself. Super adorable.
– Music instruments like tambourines, egg shakers.. anything that has a rhythm. He would even bang on the boxes and call it a drum
– Puzzles. A friend bought him a fire engine puzzle and he loves it. We also have ABC puzzles and animal ones.
– Rough play-. Tickles, upside downs. Anything that involves heaps of movement.
– Peek a boo. This is a surprised. I thought they would grow out of it but he would peek a boo every thing including holding my sweater and hiding himself there.
– We like looking at buses, trucks, tractors on the road.
– Tool box. He likes sawing and turning things
– We cook and bake a lot more now. He would sit on the bench and watch me cook or stir things. Sometimes he might have a go.
I’m sure I missed out other things. He is still a little yucky on sensory things like playdoh. I bought some special books that he can paint with just water which he is warming up to. Day care is doing a great job in exposing him to messy play too. He has no problems getting his hands dirty when he eats though!
I’m most surprised by his pretend play. He would stack a car up a truck and said that’s a car transporter. He would grab a bag and pretend that he is going shopping. He would use a toy kettle and said he is making tea.
Apple and cinnamon. They can never go wrong together. I made these cookies for him and he seems to like it. He loves fruits so much that he probably thought he was eating apple pieces with dough stuck on it! They don’t last as long in the pantry and I do suggest double toasting them if you can. That way they can stay crispy longer. Enjoy these little nibbles.