1) Cracks on top- checked
2) Cheesecake not fully cooked in the middle- checked
I have more luck making mini ones than one large cake too.
Yup. Not so good at making cheesecakes. =(
Anyhow, I decided to bite the bullet and attempt a large cheesecake again. Apple crumble cheesecake with delicious ingredients like macadamia nuts and apple just seems too enticing.
And look what happened:
It was perfect except that tiny little section that was caught onto the tin just as I was lifting the it out. Oh well, I ate that part away. 😡
Our friends enjoyed it-which mattered more.
I, on the other hand, felt satisfied that I have finally baked a cheesecake the way I envisioned it to be. =)
Apple Crumbled Cheesecake
150 grams plain flour
50 grams castor sugar
100 grams butter
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp lemon rind
25 grams desiccated coconut
2-3 tbsps of iced water ( i think I added around 5 tbsps though)
120 grams plain flour,
35 grams castor sugar
80 grams butter
100 grams walnuts (can use pecans)
a. 3 apples cored, peeled and chopped
50 grams castor sugar
1 tsp lemon rind
2 tbsps of lemon juice
1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp plain flour
2 tbsp raisins
100 grams macademia nuts chopped and toasted
b. 500 grams of cream cheese (I used 80% fat free cream cheese)
80 grams castor sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
30 grams corn flour
250 grams of whipping cream
3 eggs (beaten)
1) Pre heat Oven to 180C. Line 9″ loose base cake tin.
2) Base- Place flour and sugar in mixing bowl. Add butter. Use the rubbing in method till mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk, rind n coconut. Add water, a little at a time till mixture binds. Press mixture onto baking tin. Prick holes and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
3) Place filling A in a sauce plan. Cook till the mixture thickens. Set aside.
4) Reduce oven temperature to 140C.
5) Beat cream cheese till smooth. Add sugar, lemon juice and cornflour. Beat till creamy. Add cream. Add eggs till combined.
4) Topping- place flour and sugar in mixing bowl. Rub in butter till mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add in walnuts and mixed well.
5) Pour half the cheese mixture into base. Spread apple filling and sprinkle macademia nuts over it. Top with remaining cheese mixture.
6) Sprinkle topping over surface of the cheese filling. Bake in water bath for 1 hr. Turn off oven and leave cake in oven for another 1 hr. Remove cake from oven and leave to cool. Refrigerate till set before serving.