They say being a teenager is tough, ppl seem to forget about young adulthood.
Anyway, here are some of my favourite childhood memories
1) Raspberry ripple icecream waffle biscuit. Only available opposite my pri/sec school.
2) $1.50 lunch
3) Swinging and singing “somewhere out there” Yes, i sing..and i was in a choir.
4) Countless library trips and UNO games in the most unthinkable locations (e.g. buses).
5) Going home on a tiny school van (pri sch).
6) Toa Payoh park (the one behind the bus station now).
7) Hop scotch!!!! My coin purse rOCKs!
8) Practicing the flute with the school band. I miss those girls.
9) My ever first youth camp.
10) Sunday school. “the B-I-B-L-E, now that’s the book for me…”
11) Reading- Range from Ronald Dahl to Sweet Valley High (yes, what was i thinking?)
12) The tiny bus tickets-you used to add up the last 2 digits. 13 means good luck?
13) Being a prefect. My organisation skills training started from there. Trying to organise 80+ prefects, including a ‘not-there’ head prefect isnt fun. My assistant was brillant though.
14) Coffee bean gatherings. I do miss the blackforest chill and how i have to save up for them!
15) KOPITIAMS- especially having breakie with grandma. Street 13 bishan.
16) Science Centre trip when I was three. I told dad that I will walk from our Boon Lay house to the centre. I lied. He had to carry me when we were half way there. mwahahaha.
17) Accompanying grandma to chinatown. She would give me a lesson on the different types of herbs and mushrooms. =)
18) Swimming with mum.
19) Girl nights out with my best friends. Remember our sentosa trip?
20) The excitement of christmas. Seeing the lights, presents, trees and knowing that Jesus loves us.
It is strange, but i havent felt the Christmas spirit for the past 2 years. Besides, the shops are all about selling things, not about the spirit. I understood the true meaning of Christmas, but I was too tired of the whole commerical sellout of it.
This year, I feel different. I feel the spirit of giving. I am getting excited about Christmas again. Maybe i am happier and less anxious. Perhaps I finally feel more settled.