Not long ago, we went to Marrakech, Subiaco. Fluffy couscous and melt in your mouth meatballs won us over.
The restaurant was quiet during lunch time. The perfect place to celebrate a quiet lunch, reminiscing how we met and how we got together.
That got me thinking of course. How can I re-create a similar dish at home?
Meatballs with cranberries n toasted almonds couscous
500grams of lean beef mince
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 fresh roma tomato
2-3 basil leaves
1 tablespoon of garlic
3-4 fresh button mushrooms
1/4 cup of stock
3-4 teaspoons of cumin
1 teaspoon of chilli powder
salt n pepper
1 teaspoon of cornflour
4 tablespoons of spicy breadcumbs.
1) Marinate mince with spices mix. Roll into bite size balls.
2) Heat pan. Brown meatballs.
3) When meatballs are done, add can and fresh tomatoes. Add stock and simmer for 15 mins.
4) Add garlic (i like to add garlic later as that retains the garlicy taste better).
5) Add Basil leaves (chopped) and salt.
6) Serve with couscous.
1cup of couscous
handfull of cranberries
1 cup of hot stock
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Pour hot stock over couscous. Cover for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous. Add cranberries and toasted almonds. Sprinkle oil over couscous. Serve with meatballs!