Say WHAT? It’s my birthday TOMORROW! I’m another year older?!?! They say that time moves faster when you have a child and I do agree with that statement.
It has been a special year with me learning how to juggle with work and family.
I am grateful for
- Having work arrangements that fit into our family life
- Being able to experience and be a mum
- Having a great relationship with my parents and in laws
- Having a hubby who puts our family ahead and loves us
- Being surrounded by like minded friends. I know who I can always count on for a chat and a coffee
- Living in a country that is safe and conducive for a family to be in
- Friends to workout with
- Hot coffee
- Strawberries and Blueberries
- Books and magazines
- Workout routines
- Being alive and having our basic needs met
- Smell of spring
- More importantly, our Father in heaven who always seem to know what we need
Having quite a few passionfruit in our fruit basket, I paired that with a juicy orange to make this cake. The showstopper for me though, is the frosting. It brought the this simple tea loaf to the next level I think. I usually steer away from making any form of frosting as I find that cakes generally do not require any more sugar! This one though, balances out the acidity from the orange. Try it and let me know!