GASP! I’m another year older. What a year it has been. Last year, I had 4 month young Asher celebrating with us. Now he is 15 months young! Every year, we learn more. This year I learned
– that sleep is a wonderful commodity.
– coffee makes me happy
– slowing down is a joy.
– family is everything.
– that balance to be fit, strong and happy with my physical appearance.
– I have drawn closer to my parents following my grandmother’s passing.
– work is work. While I enjoy what I do, my priority remains family.
– I might love my bargains, but quality matters more when it comes to shopping.
Today is family day. Life simplest pleasures. Having a day out with my boys makes me happy. Oh. Yes. And a slice of cake.
This is another experiment of mine that I loved! Steaming the orange brings out the sweetness and juice. It was moist and satisfying. One recipe to keep for sure.
Orange Almond Cake
1 cup of almond meal
1/4 cup Coconut flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tsp vanilla paste
1 orange steamed for 45 minutes.
Optional- orange glaze.
half an orange juiced
1 orange zest
1 tsp of honey
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
Pre heat Oven 180C. Place chopped steamed orange in a food processor. Blitz it for 1 minute. Then add all other ingredients. Switch it on and watch it come together. Spoon into a lined 9 inch cake tin. Bake for 40-45 minutes till done! To make the orange glaze, place half an orange juiced, zest and honey in a saucepan. Gently heat it up till it thickens slightly. Spoon onto warm cake. Top with some toasted sliced almonds. Serve with greek yogurt.