On a particular Sunday after church, and being tired of other light lunch options, I decided to cook a big omelette instead. A crispy yet fluffy omelette full of goodies.
Raiding the fridge, I came up with lean bacon, cheese, chives and mushrooms. Perfect!
Anyone want brunch? =)
Bacon and Cheese Omelette (serves 2)
2-3 tsp of milk
100 grams lean bacon chopped (fry gently first)
2 tsp chopped chives
1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup of low fat cheddar cheese
sea salt, cracked pepper
1) Whisk eggs with milk. Heat pan with oil till fairly warm. Add eggs.
3) After around 3-4 mins when it’s starting to cook, start swirling the eggs a little so the inside coats the outer area of the pan further…
4) Sprinkle bacon and mushrooms on half of the omelette. Sprinkle cheese and chives.. cook for 2 minutes till the cheese slightly melts..
5) Attempt to flip the omelette in half! Wait for 1 min..
6) Slide omelette onto plate…Season with sea salt and pepper and SERVE!