This is my another attempt to make breakfasts ahead of time. On average, I would make a batch of banana bread or mini banana cakes for snacks/breakies every 6 – 8 weeks. A batch of banana cakes freeze quite well so I usually make around 16 of them, freezing some and rationing it for breakfasts/snacks for the next 2 days.
Banana bread is always a winner in my household as it is portable and lovely when toasted up. Hubby loves his with a little butter while Asher just gobble it up whenever he sees it. It means I have one less thing to worry about in the morning. Now that my work hours are going to change mid August, I can see myself making more things in advanced.
On my work days, breakfast ideas for me are simple.
– greek yogurt with fresh berries or passionfruit and 2 tbsp of my coconut granola
– soft boiled eggs with smoked salmon and sauerkraut. The best thing is that hubby wakes earlier than me so he would prepare them and I would have breakie ALL done when I come down to the kitchen! I love that.
– maybe two slices of the banana bread
– Coconut Vanilla Chia pudding
– Coconut granola with kefir or almond milk
For Asher and my hubby
– The above except both does not like yogurt!
– Asher likes banana and avocado or avocado with some pear or apple!
– Asher would have rice puffs mixed with sliced almonds with milk
– Hubby might have a slice or two of whatever I baked and in the fridge.
I decided that I could shred and add some carrots to the banana bread one day- just for variety but also added nourishment and nutrients. We all loved it! The sweetness of carrots and banana went so well. I was so excited that I brought a few slices to our friends who then proceeded to send me a photo of her little boy giving a thumps up! More veggies into our kids can’t be wrong isn’t it!