I’m all chilled at the moment as we are on our holidays. Grandparents looking after Asher. Good food, fresh juices and home made broths. Yes, it’s awesome getting spoilt.
Self care is under rated. Self care SHOULD be emphasised more. I was talking to hubby one evening about the awful feeling of guilt.
-The feeling I get when I have to ask hubby to take a day off to look after Asher because I have some work meetings that would be difficult to reschedule.
– Leaving a pile of clothes not sorted or folded for a few days.
– Ironing pile appears to be bigger
– Hubby getting up in the middle of the night to re settle Asher.
– Asking hubby to get up to re settle Asher when I was coughing
– Scheduling a hair cut, getting a pedicure done or a massage.
– Thinking that I can always do MORE with Asher. I would love to organise more sensory play with him.
– Flopping onto my sofa and just want to do nothing but drink tea and watch mindless TV.
-Having that extra coffee
– Working more hours= less time for Asher. Working less hours = less contribution to our household.
– Not calling my grandaunty enough
– Not calling my dad on weekdays enough
It seems that on some days, everywhere I turn, the feeling of guilt could lurk. Hubby turned to me and said that no one puts that on me but myself. How true is that.
On reflection, my feelings of guilt would occur more when I’m feeling tired and run down. On a car ride one day, hubs said that from his perspective, he sees that everything is running fine and Asher is flourishing..and then bam! He realised that I have kept it all up but forget that it is me that needs to chilled.
SELF CARE. Best two words ever.
No more running errands just for the family on any precious day or few hours that I have off without Asher occasionally. No more blaming or thinking that I can do better. Truth is, I can always do better- there is always something to thrive for. Right now, I want to thrive for rest and recovery. Right now, I’m going to be kind to myself, enjoy the food, enjoy my friends and time with my family, quick workouts and some awesome shopping time.
And that will make me a better wife, mother, friend and daughter.