There are many joys of parenthood. Maybe one day I will write about things I do not enjoy as much but certainly, I try to look at the things I do like about it.
Whenever there is a day where I feet like reaching for countless blocks of chocolate, I like to think about why parenthood isn’t that bad.
1) Watching Asher learn new things and speak new words. He is starting to piece two words together and can say “Red truck”, “thank you” and even “sit down”.
2) The little arm that curl up around my neck.
3) The kisses.
4) The look that says “wow! You can do anything mummy. ” and “Wow! thank you for fixing my train up.”
5) The smiles
6) The light in his eyes when he realised he mastered something. Asher loves reading and books, and he loves connecting pictorial items to real life ones.
7) A perfect excuse to embrace being present. When I’m playing with him, nothing else matters.
8) I get to play with lego and build things with it. Seriously, it’s good fun building a toy train.
9) Being able to extend his play. Getting creative with outdoor play, stomping on play doh, throwing it like a ball.
10) Shopping for kids clothes and shoes. Kids have seriously cute stuff.
11) One more reason to love coffee.
12) Meeting other women and mothers.
13) Appreciating my own parents even more
14) Cook simple. The meal that took me hours to prepare? Doesn’t go down as well when it’s a simple one!
15) Night parties. Well, not quite but hey, just being able to be with him and embrace him counts too.
17) Getting pram parking
18) Decorating his play room
19) Shopping at the kids section at Ikea.
20) Additional reason to eat chocolate.
I will be back with more but this list will do for the time being. Meanwhile, I have also created this Earl Grey Chocolate Cake that is perfect for all parents I think. It has chocolate, caffeine and it’s good for you.