The best thing about the new year is that we get to review our goals and blessings and set new one for the new year.
I have been quiet for the past week, taking the time to enjoy our families and just being with each other (and working!). It allowed my mind to be still for just a while, to think back and to set new goals for the next year.
Last year, I wrote about the life highlights and cooking/baking enjoyments. I spoke about some of my goals for the year of 2011. It struck me that this is a good space to re look at these goals and reflect the growth that occurs in many ways. Time seem to just fly by so quickly, more so when I started working and life responsibilities set in. Life should not just slip by and every year should be treasured. What else is a better way than to set life growth goals and grow in them!
and counting every single blessings that God has provided. In the midst of challenges in the year, He knows what we cannot handle and can. This account is a true reflection that even through the midst of dark times, there are still so much joy.
Highlights of 2011
- We started building our home sweet home!
- We attended one of my best buddies’ wedding.
- We celebrated our 2nd year wedding anniversary! We went to the fabulous Greenhouse restaurant and also spent a few days in Denmark, Western Australia.
- We went to busselton and was at the Micheal Buble’s concert.
- We headed to Melbourne with a few friends.
- I took up boxing, zumba, body balance and pump classes, which resulted in a stronger, healthier, better coordination (those who know me know that I trip when I walk!) and a happier daphne. I found muscles!
- I am learning and still trying to relax obsession of the weighing scale and just learn to love who I am more.
- I achieved another milestone in the area that I am working in. Developing and leading a team has made me more humble as a clinician than ever before.
- I have a fringe! 🙂
- I learned how to roast a chicken.
- I made kueh.
- And a french dessert.
- Did try to look at some chocolate chip cookie recipes…
- And dabbled in some ice cream making!
It has been a blast of a year.
Goals for 2012
- Attempt to make creme brûlée again. First, I have to locate some butane for my torch!
- Definitely more ice-cream making. I have my eyes on making vanilla bean ice cream and rum and raisin!
- Embrace my roots and make more home styled asian dishes.
- Be kinder to myself, to praise the Lord for creating us and loving my body.
- Continue with my gym workouts (haha, I know you are thinking I have broken the last goal already but it is to be healthier!). Being stronger and tone within.
- Working hard in being even another step closer to our dreams.
- On top of respecting my husband, but also to speak kinder and be more generous with my words.
- Enjoy the process of moving into our new home.
- To pray more.