How can anyone resist the combination of peanut butter and chocolate? This recipe was adapted some time ago from various bloggers participating in TWD. Certainly the use of peanut butter and chocolate caught my attention.
I was expecting these little babies to be a little more fudgey. Still, I love how it crumbles in my mouth. Once you start eating it, it’s hard to stop.
The other thing I did was to shape it in tinier portions. That may be a mistakes because I probably ended up eating a few more than I should!!!
Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters
From Dorie Greenspan
3 Cups of old fashioned oats
1 cup of flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp of mixed spice (or nutmeg)
1/4 tsp salt
260 grams of butter
1 cup of chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups of dark choc chips
1) Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking trays.
2) Mix flour, oats, baking soda, spices and salt.
3) Whisk butter, peanut butter, sugar till smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla. Fold in flour. Mix in choc chips.
4) Chill dough for around 2 hrs.
5) Roll dough into small balls, flatten it with your palm and place them on the baking trays. Bake 15 minutes. Cool and lift them onto baking racks.